Clear Channel has seen the enemy and it is itself.
Revenue is down.
Bonusing, price cutting and rampant trading is up.
You’d think CEO Bob Pittman would appoint a czar to cut it out.
So why did he just do the exact opposite?
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How Clear Channel appointed the biggest trade scammer to oversee rate integrity.
- The number one reason Pittman is soft on trades.
- Details on how former President John Hogan was sacrificed for doing what it turns out Clear Channel’s top executives routinely do.
- Clear Channel’s fail elaborate system for guaranteeing rate protection that executives knowingly bypassed.
- A Clear Channel employee’s own sobering account of how trade deals work under the radar – in their own words.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
- SiriusXM's Pandora Strategy
- Entercom Without Marci
- How Dickey Will Spend His $300 Million Blank Check
- The Only Way Podcasting Can Save Radio
- The Uncertain Future of Cumulus
- The Most Insecure Job in Radio
- Dickey Steals Lori Lewis From Cumulus
- iHeart’s $55 Million Podcasting Gamble
- The Sale of Nielsen
- Entercom’s Nagging CBS Problem