Clear Channel has seen the enemy and it is itself.
Revenue is down.
Bonusing, price cutting and rampant trading is up.
You’d think CEO Bob Pittman would appoint a czar to cut it out.
So why did he just do the exact opposite?
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How Clear Channel appointed the biggest trade scammer to oversee rate integrity.
- The number one reason Pittman is soft on trades.
- Details on how former President John Hogan was sacrificed for doing what it turns out Clear Channel’s top executives routinely do.
- Clear Channel’s fail elaborate system for guaranteeing rate protection that executives knowingly bypassed.
- A Clear Channel employee’s own sobering account of how trade deals work under the radar – in their own words.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision
- Entercom’s 3rd Quarter, Big Surprise
- Townsquare Revenue Reveal, “Adjusted” Sale Plan
- Cumulus Cost Cuts, Poor Performers Immune
- Entercom’s Next Cost Saving, “Efficiency” Program Directors
- Entercom Revenue Warning, Cuts Accelerate
- Attention Span Shocker, Radio ¼ Hour Implications
- Entercom Employee Unrest, Repercussions
- Townsquare Sale, Search for Investor