This is getting to be a habit – Townsquare trying to sell itself.
A few years ago, they tried and found no takers.
We’ve learned this time, they actually had interested potential buyers but the prospects reportedly didn’t like the way they were handled.
The last prospect standing finally walked a few weeks ago.
What’s fascinating is not so much the usual considerations, but Townsquare’s unorthodox way of trying to sell itself.
Now Townsquare’s owners, Brookfield Asset Management, has a real problem.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers