It’s not Clear Channel.
Not the usual suspects.
I’m concerned about the growing number of second-tier consolidators who are buying up radio stations.
They seem to be no better than the evil owners operating right out of the Clear Channel/Cumulus playbook.
Today, I feel compelled to put one of these companies on the “Watch List”.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Of all the emerging radio groups, which one may be the most dangerous to your career if stability, respect and fair pay matter to you.
- Firing at a Clear Channel pace.
- EEOC lawsuits.
- More than 75% management turnover.
- Commission cuts and fears that managers making over a certain amount of money are being targeted for cut.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Report news (tips, memos, emails, etc.) under the full safety of my Witness Protection Program here. If I could keep my confidences safe when Clear Channel tried and failed to sue me for $100 million 14 years ago, I can sure keep you safe now.
- The CBS Merger in Trouble
- The Fate of Walker & Milner at Cumulus
- Townsquare's Rescue Plan
- The Surprise Entercom/CBS Spin-off Buyer
- Less than 2 Months Cash Left at iHeart
- Crackdown on Cumulus Market Managers
- iHeart -- Low on Operational Cash
- Entercom-CBS DOJ Desperation
- Cumulus Cutting Employees’ Pay
- The Acquisition Entercom Does After the CBS Merger