Cox Radio went to the group that bought its TV stations earlier and specifically did not want radio.
What lead to Apollo Global Management suddenly changing their mind?
There were a lot of other potential buyers (radio groups) interested in Cox stations but not in the usual way.
Did Cox leave money on the table? Who was the runner up?
So now with a venture capital firm running the show, what happens next to the well-run and profitable Cox radio stations now?
- Lenders Investigating iHeart, Their List of Concerns
- Entercom’s New Comp Plan, Revolt Brewing
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision
- Entercom’s 3rd Quarter, Big Surprise
- Townsquare Revenue Reveal, “Adjusted” Sale Plan
- Cumulus Cost Cuts, Poor Performers Immune
- Entercom’s Next Cost Saving, “Efficiency” Program Directors
- Entercom Revenue Warning, Cuts Accelerate
- Attention Span Shocker, Radio ¼ Hour Implications