Almost everything in the media business is based on the advertising model remaining strong after COVID – but the most concerning change ahead is that advertising as we know it will not return to previous levels.
Streaming music services have seen declining listenership during self-isolation but did radio take advantage of this pause? What has eaten into streaming music services threatens to further erode radio time spent listening.
You would think satellite radio would be dead as lockdowns have almost eliminate time in the car – and while it is true satellite has no significant alternative to in-car listening, it now has something else that terrestrial radio wishes it could possess.
There is no new normal – it’s all abnormal and the companies that can see around the coronavirus corner will enter a new period of prosperity.
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers
- Podcasting Is Having Radio Trouble