So Universal signed the Rolling Stones.
It's the latest installment in a sleepy record industry that has no answers and thinks with a calculator. After all, the Stones are a great rock and roll band but they are not exactly the future. The deal was made for the catalogue.
When Trent Reznor has to experiment with ways to sell Nine Inch Nails music in a digital world, you know the record industry no longer cares or no longer has any answers.
Live Nation is not the future of the record business. They sign the likes of Madonna and Kanye to guarantee that their concert venues will be full for years to&hellip
- Entercom's $100 Million Cost Cutting
- Next Week’s iHeart Bankruptcy
- Alpha Financial Crisis
- Scripps Sell-off Disaster
- The Dickey Cumulus Hostile Takeover
- The Entercom Management Fail
- iHeart’s Bully Bankruptcy Move Backfires
- A Second Cumulus Bankruptcy
- Cumulus Rate War Against Competitors
- Newspapers Buying Radio Stations