Townsquare CEO Bill Wilson is an outlier who is mercilessly sticking it to big group radio executives who can’t match his production and they don’t include him in their club nor do they feel inclined to imitate his success.
Truth to be told, he really pisses off his competitors.
His Townsquare is positioned as “digital first” and then he does the only major radio station acquisition of the year – which is it, then, “digital first” or “radio first”?
Some of his competitors have given him the cold shoulder because he is winning along with iHeart and Salem.
And they haven’t even seen what he’s about to do next.
Read the full article here
- Only 2 Radio Groups Are Profitable
- iHeart Deal Buzz
- Could Audacy’s Board Do a Disney CEO Firing?
- A Beasley Bankruptcy to Watch
- Audacy & Beasley Destroy Their Vegas Station Swap
- Radio’s Role in Taylor Swift’s Success
- A Recession Would Trip Radio Layoffs
- Shakeup in Station Management
- Townsquare Distances Itself from Radio
- Audacy Burning Cash and Adding Debt