Townsquare CEO Bill Wilson is an outlier who is mercilessly sticking it to big group radio executives who can’t match his production and they don’t include him in their club nor do they feel inclined to imitate his success.
Truth to be told, he really pisses off his competitors.
His Townsquare is positioned as “digital first” and then he does the only major radio station acquisition of the year – which is it, then, “digital first” or “radio first”?
Some of his competitors have given him the cold shoulder because he is winning along with iHeart and Salem.
And they haven’t even seen what he’s about to do next.
Read the full article here
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart