Townsquare CEO Bill Wilson is an outlier who is mercilessly sticking it to big group radio executives who can’t match his production and they don’t include him in their club nor do they feel inclined to imitate his success.
Truth to be told, he really pisses off his competitors.
His Townsquare is positioned as “digital first” and then he does the only major radio station acquisition of the year – which is it, then, “digital first” or “radio first”?
Some of his competitors have given him the cold shoulder because he is winning along with iHeart and Salem.
And they haven’t even seen what he’s about to do next.
Read the full article here
- Audacy’s Troubled Bankruptcy Talks
- The Fix is in for Radio Boards of Directors
- A Surprising Winner in Post-Pandemic Radio Revenue
- Radio’s Cash Infusion Secrets
- One Side Ready to Blink in Audacy Bankruptcy
- What if Audacy Employees Threaten to Leave Unless Board Quits
- Unraveling at Urban One
- iHeart Trade/Barter Secrets
- New Cash Crisis at Audacy
- What iHeart Is Covering Up