No, no, no.
That iHeartRadio Talk thing that Clear Channel ballyhooed yesterday is not the future of talk radio in spite of what they say.
That’s a cover for what’s about to wreak havoc on Clear Channel employees.
Bob “Brother Love” Pittman has his finger on the greatest destroyer of jobs that has ever been known to the greedy bastards that run radio companies.
Here’s how he plans to use it.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The way Clear Channel plans to use iHeartRadio to replace on-air talent at practically no cost to them. Sooner rather than later.
- This massive reduction in salaries – once the dust settles.
- Their new mission to let others – even their listeners – produce station content for free.
- The listener backlash – included here.
- And one blunt question finally answered! When will Clear Channel turn to the nuclear option?
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription, here.
It’s worth it! You can’t get honest and insightful media information like this anywhere else. Thousands of members are all in. Unlock this story and see for yourself.
- How to Beat Global Music Right’s $150,000 Per Occurrence Fines
- The Bob Pittman Whispers at iHeart
- What Millennials Want from Radio
- The Carpenters Vs. Their Record Labels
- Digital That Makes Radio-type Money
- iHeart CEO Change
- Listeners Check Their Phones Every 6 Minutes
- Cox Layoffs
- Radio's Answer to Rampant Rate Cutting
- Payback is a Bitch at iHeart