Clear Channel, sometimes referred to as The Evil Empire in the consumer press, has finally let the FCC know the merger conditions it is requesting should the Commission approve the merger of XM and Sirius. That is, after the DOJ decides.
Clear Channel is a minority owner in XM and has been for a long time. And, they provide some terrestrial programming for XM.
It must have been a good fit way back then because from the looks of their merger conditions, satellite radio is the evil empire -- not Clear Channel.
Here's what Clear Channel wants (in bold) -- with my comments:
1. No less than 50% of broadcast&hellip
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning