One of my mentors in programming was Paul Drew.
The current coronavirus outbreak reminds me of a gem of wisdom Paul imparted to me when he was programming a station I worked for.
“A big news story is better than the hottest hit record in rotation – play it over and over again”.
So here we are as the radio industry is doing the same things with fewer employees while an opportunity to be more viable has just presented itself.
Everyone is paying attention – this is an opportunity to relaunch radio to an audience that has turned to other devices and I’m not talking about news/talk stations here.
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers
- Podcasting Is Having Radio Trouble