It would be helpful to study what Mary Berner did when she was CEO of the failing magazine Reader’s Digest.
Two bankruptcies and a massive firing of personnel before she was eventually fired or agreed to leave.
Berner is not a radio executive or innovator.
She takes companies and bankrupts them. That’s what she does.
This is my way of saying – remember those furloughs, firings, pay cuts, and 3 weeks of non-paid vacation over the 15 that Berner was selling 24 hours ago?
It’s actually about to get worse for the poor souls at Cumulus.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers