It would be helpful to study what Mary Berner did when she was CEO of the failing magazine Reader’s Digest.
Two bankruptcies and a massive firing of personnel before she was eventually fired or agreed to leave.
Berner is not a radio executive or innovator.
She takes companies and bankrupts them. That’s what she does.
This is my way of saying – remember those furloughs, firings, pay cuts, and 3 weeks of non-paid vacation over the 15 that Berner was selling 24 hours ago?
It’s actually about to get worse for the poor souls at Cumulus.
- The Latest on Furloughed iHeart Employees Returning
- Entercom’s Daddy Issues
- iHeart’s End of June Housecleaning
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble