Radio buyers are hard to find these days.
Prices are going down but have yet to bottom out.
And lenders are vanishing – not high on financing radio acquisitions.
There’s EMF, Meruelo and then not too many more potential buyers available right now.
One potential buyer is Carl Parmer’s Summit Media, the company that originally bought a handful of smaller Cox market spinoffs and has been building from there.
With station prices going down, is Summit a player ready to pounce?
And what markets would they be interested in?
- The New Formats Young Audiences Crave
- The Berner Board Battle at Cumulus
- Phase 3 Entercom Cutbacks
- Entercom’s Big Little Lies
- The Fate of the Big 3 Record Labels
- The Cumulus Debt-Reduction Plan
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom