I was a major market program director for a radio GM who used to call me and the station sales manager, a guy whose nickname was "The Snake" -- into his office when the Arbitron rating books arrived.
Behind closed doors, he'd shut his thick drapes that covered the windows overlooking an array of towers in a large field.
He had "The Snake" on his right side and me on his left as he paged through the newly arrived rating books. There was one light on -- a desk lamp, as I remember it.
I was scared no matter how many times he performed this voodoo ritual -- and I wish I was making this up -- but sadly, it's exactly as I&hellip
- iHeart, Entercom & Cumulus
- Lew Dickey's Next Venture Heating Up
- Cumulus Troubles
- Entercom in Worse Shape Than Originally Thought
- iHeart Bankruptcy Leaks
- Voice Activated Radio Listening on Smart Speakers
- The Fear of 8 FM Stations Per Market
- Entercom’s CBS Synergies
- Cox Radio – Seller or Buyer?
- iHeart’s New Buyer, Layoffs, the Rise of SiriusXM