I was a major market program director for a radio GM who used to call me and the station sales manager, a guy whose nickname was "The Snake" -- into his office when the Arbitron rating books arrived.
Behind closed doors, he'd shut his thick drapes that covered the windows overlooking an array of towers in a large field.
He had "The Snake" on his right side and me on his left as he paged through the newly arrived rating books. There was one light on -- a desk lamp, as I remember it.
I was scared no matter how many times he performed this voodoo ritual -- and I wish I was making this up -- but sadly, it's exactly as I&hellip
- Alexa & Radio
- Entercom Talent Fee Scam
- Draconian Cumulus Non-Competes
- Cumulus Unhinged
- Secret Cox, iHeart & Cumulus Sales Arrangement
- New Name, People, Policies for Post-Berner Cumulus
- Townsquare Desperately Looking For a Buyer
- A New Warning About Entercom
- Leaked Cumulus Vital Statistics
- The Fight for Control of Cumulus