We can do better than streaming websites that don’t make money.
And aggregating cheap content from others and wondering why advertisers are not compelled to knock down the doors.
We can do social media that puts Facebook to shame by creating “red meat” that audiences are hungry to feed on.
Become master of short-form digital.
And give new meaning to the brands that go us to the digital age – the ones on-the-air.
So why don’t we do it? Why is radio lagging so far behind the digital revolution?
Two honest answers.
Most radio companies are into cutting costs and focusing on putting a cheap product on air.
And, most radio executives are looking in the wrong place for the digital future.
Digital is not an add-on, it is THE future.
The way it is going now owners will be left with stations that have declining audiences and advertisers willing to pay only pennies on the dollar to add radio to their digital buy.
So we’re going to roll up our sleeves and brainstorm about how to reinvent radio for the digital age when we meet face to face.
- Better radio on a budget. There are other great options besides layoffs, syndicated programming and voice tracking. Get your innovative juices flowing.
- Harnessing personalities. How would you like to own the radio personalities fired by competitors in your market without having to pay their salary? You’ll love this plan because it is a win-win that most owners don’t even know about.
- What’s the one thing – only one – that your audience cannot live without? I’ll get you started on how to take that “one” thing and make better radio along with digital businesses you’re probably not currently doing.
- Find the digital sweet spot, put a big price tag on it and wait a year if you have to for your first big sponsor. You won’t be waiting anywhere near that long and you won’t just have one sponsor – they’ll want to be all-in.
- Deemphasize Facebook and Twitter – but you can keep using them – and invent your own Facebook and Twitter on one site that you own and operate. Ask me about it.
There are more ideas that you can use in a year, but you’ve got to be there to benefit.
The 2014 Media Solutions Lab.
This year in Philadelphia.
Here is the the curriculum:
1. Disrupt Your Radio Station
- Blow it up without losing listeners.
- We clear up how to gain audience by attacking all the things digital age listeners hate about radio before a digital competitor does it.
- Use this plan to drastically alter and destroy the old structure the way Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat and Netflix did.
- Turn ordinary radio into new revenue streams.
- Solve virtually every critical objection digital-age listeners have about radio with newfound confidence to innovate.
2. Master Digital
- Learn how people you probably don’t know make millions of dollars in digital without running commercials or even selling banner ads. It is being done right now but traditional media isn’t doing it. Consider this your game plan.
- Reinvent the station website to churn out money. Rethink social media. Forget clicks and “likes”.
- A better option than streaming and a way for your station to become the “Netflix of Radio”.
3. Succeed With New Social Media Strategies
- End radio’s social media slump: Instagram is ousting Facebook. And Twitter is in trouble. Time to alter the way you do social media with this new plan.
- Social Media Shakeup: texting with pictures is where you should be. Fast track it.
- Social Media SOS: social media is no longer just about staying connected so if your radio station is relying on today’s social media, this is a heads up to get with it.
4. Reinvent Radio For the Digital Age
- Shake up the way you do radio to make it a growth industry again. 3 month plan of action to get started.
- Better radio on a budget
- Harnessing personalities – how to build a stable of personalities from you station, your farm system and the ones let go by competitors to be part of a new venture. Best yet, you never have to pay their salaries.
- Finding the digital sweet spot – creating something so compelling that you put a big price tag on it and wait until the first advertiser pays it. It won’t be a long wait.
- Don’t go down with Facebook and Twitter, boost social connectivity by building your own local replacement.
- Fiscally responsible alternatives for innovating local radio.
- Learn the most effective approach to reinvigorating a radio station that is under attack from digital competitors. The secret is in one paragraph you will want to memorize as your credo.
5. Growth Opportunities in Short-Form Video
- Discover how entrepreneurs are making millions by doing short form video that contains no ads and has no subscription fees. This more than pays for your tuition!
- Target key areas of growth for short-form video.
- The one-stop solution to making social, short-form video for a profit.
6. Engage 80 Million Millennials
- Audience building secrets to engage Millennials and win them back to radio.
- One-Day Life-Changer: Make radio instantly cooler.
- I will share my work in generational media that indicates this young and massive audience is available to traditional media such as radio, TV and the record industry but not by continuing the status quo.
- Come away knowing their hot buttons and their turn offs.
7. Time Shift Radio
- New rules: All content must be available on-demand – everything. The audience is demanding it all and all at once.
- The real solution for creating time shifted radio content.
- Critical question that will be answered: Whether to rely on over-the-air broadcasts for time shifting or create new content.
- Boost revenue by marketing time shifting as a new stream of revenue. Go to school on time shifting.
If you like to earn the maximum discount, Click here to register now.
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel