The radio industry which has fought everything from AM stereo and high definition radio (back when it was really new technology) right up to the Arbitron People Meter ratings system is proving once again why radio has lost it.
The Portable People Meter (PPM), an imperfect but necessary update to the paper diary system in this digital age, is turning out to be -- well, not so bad after all.
PPM is live and working in Philadelphia, the original test market. And while there have been problems such as a station being left out of the totals, the People Meter is reporting lots more radio listening than the diary has ever&hellip
- Entercom is Pivoting Away from Radio
- The NAB is Helping to Pass Radio Performance Royalties
- 2 Groups to Downsize Their Physical Stations
- For Radio, There’s Townsquare Digital and There’s Not Exactly
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent