The radio industry which has fought everything from AM stereo and high definition radio (back when it was really new technology) right up to the Arbitron People Meter ratings system is proving once again why radio has lost it.
The Portable People Meter (PPM), an imperfect but necessary update to the paper diary system in this digital age, is turning out to be -- well, not so bad after all.
PPM is live and working in Philadelphia, the original test market. And while there have been problems such as a station being left out of the totals, the People Meter is reporting lots more radio listening than the diary has ever&hellip
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy