Private equity – the fictional people featured on the Showtime Hit Billions and the real time greedy bastards that ruined the radio business by heaping unpayable debt on it – want back in.
Wait for it -- There are several radio groups anxious to talk to them.
Radio stock prices are declining daily as the coronavirus and expected recession take their toll setting up the perfect storm.
We have identified private equity groups looking to buy back in as radio companies find themselves defenseless against the economy and the debt that prevents them from surviving.
And this time, their plans are even more ingenious and evil.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers