Entercom, iHeart and Cumulus have been conducting massive layoffs and furloughs this year – Townsquare did one in April.
All radio groups have been reducing work force due to unmanageable debt although they blame it on the coronavirus.
Townsquare is drawing up a unique contingency plan that provides the possibility of future job security.
Most radio groups are getting ready to do another round of cutbacks within weeks of quarterly revenue reports.
Some big Townsquare cuts are in the pipeline but they are not going the Entercom route.
There is only one radio group that has an actual plan to save jobs in spite of debt, COVID and the economy – their long-term plan revealed.
- Entercom is Pivoting Away from Radio
- The NAB is Helping to Pass Radio Performance Royalties
- 2 Groups to Downsize Their Physical Stations
- For Radio, There’s Townsquare Digital and There’s Not Exactly
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent