Entercom, iHeart and Cumulus have been conducting massive layoffs and furloughs this year – Townsquare did one in April.
All radio groups have been reducing work force due to unmanageable debt although they blame it on the coronavirus.
Townsquare is drawing up a unique contingency plan that provides the possibility of future job security.
Most radio groups are getting ready to do another round of cutbacks within weeks of quarterly revenue reports.
Some big Townsquare cuts are in the pipeline but they are not going the Entercom route.
There is only one radio group that has an actual plan to save jobs in spite of debt, COVID and the economy – their long-term plan revealed.
- Censorship Ploy Sets Up Shutting AM Stations
- The Muzzling of Talk Radio
- Cumulus to Reduce Local Talk Radio
- The Day Talk Radio Died
- Entercom To Rethink Alt Rock
- Cumulus Censors 416 Stations
- Entercom to Regionalize Another Format
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on Listening
- Local Radio Is Killing Podcast Revenue
- Rebranding of Entercom Underway