Entercom, iHeart and Cumulus have been conducting massive layoffs and furloughs this year – Townsquare did one in April.
All radio groups have been reducing work force due to unmanageable debt although they blame it on the coronavirus.
Townsquare is drawing up a unique contingency plan that provides the possibility of future job security.
Most radio groups are getting ready to do another round of cutbacks within weeks of quarterly revenue reports.
Some big Townsquare cuts are in the pipeline but they are not going the Entercom route.
There is only one radio group that has an actual plan to save jobs in spite of debt, COVID and the economy – their long-term plan revealed.
- Streaming Wants to Be Radio Now
- PD John Ivey Was “Fired" iHeart-Style
- Disney Getting Serious About Selling ESPN
- The Evidence on Running Fewer Ads
- The Six-Figure Jobs iHeart Is Filling
- Ownership Limits May Have to Be Adjusted
- iHeart’s Post-Malone Strategy
- Yesterday’s Audacy Stock Crash
- Defending Against All-Holiday Music Stations
- The Danger of Radio Selling Facebook Ads