- You may want to sit down for this but in a recent NYU student research project, Tinder beat radio for new music discovery – yes, Tinder, the dating app and here’s why.
- Older folks who were radio’s sweet spot appear to be moving away from radio to streaming – apps like Spotify – why these radio holdouts are increasingly preferring streaming services of all things.
- Younger demos are preferring YouTube – there’s a major reason for this now.
- All is not lost for radio but some innovation is overdue – here’s one way to quickly get back into the music discovery arena even with big commercial loads.
Read the full article here
Report news in our Witness Protection Program
- Where’s Warshaw Now?
- ‘Zonecasting’— The Next Radio Debacle
- Susan Larkin’s Eventual Audacy Replacement
- Competitors Call BS on iHeart’s Financials
- Wells Fargo Repudiates Audacy Management
- Audio First Bombs
- The Falloff of Streaming
- iHeart Rushing into NFTs
- The Cumulus Takeover
- The Cumulus Bill of Goods