Wolfman Jack always said, “If I’m lyin’, I’m dying”.
The radio industry is lying so it must be dying.
Now it appears two of the benchmarks for credibility are coming into question.
Miller Kaplan appears complicit in letting Clear Channel get away with murder.
And even Nielsen is now customizing formerly credible audience reports to mislead advertisers.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- When RADAR ratings showing a decline in total weekly listening went down for the first time, Nielsen made it all turn out good anyway. Here’s their secret.
- How Nielsen PPM subscribers check out the fuzzy math for themselves where PPM listener and RADAR numbers don’t jive. You’ll be livid.
- How Clear Channel showed a whopping (and bogus) +8% increase in one of its markets by getting Miller Kaplan to do this one sketchy thing angering competitors who rely on credible, non-partisan financial reporting.
- How radio is starting to dictate its own ratings and its own revenue numbers – you may want to get in on this.
- Clear Channel’s chilling cutthroat strategy to use “do it yourself” metrics from a credible industry reporting service.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
- The Cumulus Digital Contradiction
- Auditioning for Mary Berner's Job
- The Cumulus WGN Rumors
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Ball
- Half of Radio’s Workforce To Be Laid Off
- Liberty Media’s Brilliant iHeart Strategy
- Radio Companies on the Brink
- The Fraudulent iHeart Bankruptcy
- Berner: Everything is for Sale
- Cumulus Blows Up Detroit