Well, that didn’t take long, did it?
One of the best run, humane family media companies is set to become Clear Channel Lite.
You’re thinking of a few beginning of the year adjustments in staff?
They’re thinking bigger.
As we informed subscribers a few months ago, once the deal went through to sell Cox’s media division to Apollo Global Management, the new private equity owners had their own plans.
The specifics are ugly for managers, PDs and a certain category of skilled Cox people who have made it such an excellent company.
So, the question is how badly are they going to wreck this excellent company and in particular, the radio division?
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble
- COVID’s Impact on Sports Radio
- Advertiser Complaints Against iHeart, Entercom & Beasley
- Cumulus Hiding Extent of Their Financial Woes