The other shoe has dropped.
Cumulus follows iHeart, Entercom and Townsquare in cutting expenses.
The Cumulus cutbacks are different especially in the scope of who will be affected.
With some radio groups seeing as high as a 90% drop in business for April, panic is setting in.
There are more groups waiting to reduce their work forces and some preparing second and third rounds.
But these start now -- hopefully, competitors won’t get any new ideas from Cumulus because today’s layoffs are really that draconian.
- The Latest on Furloughed iHeart Employees Returning
- Entercom’s Daddy Issues
- iHeart’s End of June Housecleaning
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble