The other shoe has dropped.
Cumulus follows iHeart, Entercom and Townsquare in cutting expenses.
The Cumulus cutbacks are different especially in the scope of who will be affected.
With some radio groups seeing as high as a 90% drop in business for April, panic is setting in.
There are more groups waiting to reduce their work forces and some preparing second and third rounds.
But these start now -- hopefully, competitors won’t get any new ideas from Cumulus because today’s layoffs are really that draconian.
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations
- Audacy On a Spending Spree
- iHeart Suckers 43 Air Personalities