A new plan that is currently being tested under the radar is critical to iHeart’s eventual move to reduce the local sales headcount with an eye toward eliminating all their commissions, health benefits and expenses.
Bob Pittman appears to be a serious as an iHeart-attack in aggressively reducing the biggest expense in the company – salaries.
Revenue is down are likely to stay down in the future thus the need to cut costs and increase EBITDA, a measure of financial health for companies.
Pittman’s test effort to replace local sellers with a new strategy is being done under the radar and the impact could be disastrous for salespeople in iHeart and their competitors who are likely to be watching closely.
One look at their test site will speak volumes.
- iHeart Fearing a Hostile Takeover
- Conspiracy Developing Over Cumulus Talk Radio Memo
- Censorship Ploy Sets Up Shutting AM Stations
- The Muzzling of Talk Radio
- Cumulus to Reduce Local Talk Radio
- The Day Talk Radio Died
- Entercom To Rethink Alt Rock
- Cumulus Censors 416 Stations
- Entercom to Regionalize Another Format
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on Listening