When Bob Pittman and Rich Bressler emailed the iHeart staff about firing over 1,000 live employees, they referred to artificial intelligence (AI) and technology that enabled them to thin the ranks of employees and make surviving employees work better.
In the one week since, over 1,000 employees were eliminated and that’s just the beginning.
iHeart is reportedly preparing to reduce its workforce further by employing technology and AI.
This is a giant leap into an area that up until now has been foreign to radio.
What technology is iHeart sitting on that will be used to reduce its current 12,500 workforce by one-half?
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt