The worst round of iHeart firings has yet to happen.
Even though there have been two massive layoffs in just the last three months affecting thousands, they need to do more.
Now the coronavirus is giving them cover to fire with impunity.
iHeart competitors are making it easy for them to make successive large layoffs and once they do, these same competitors do the same – a vicious cycle.
The question is what do further cuts in personnel jammed into a short timeframe look like for a company like iHeart running low on operating cash?
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers