Bob Pittman must be tone deaf to even allow the use of the term “employment dislocation” to describe the mass firings iHeart initiated this week.
Yesterday, he put three additional new “division” PDs in place to join the existing group that will in effect program iHeart stations without local program directors and talent.
Now that the firings are mounting, it appears that the initial estimate of casualties was too low.
Based on what is unfolding, the number of RIFed programming personnel will be much higher.
We’ve done the math and plugged in their new management structure and it’s not pretty.
Keep in mind this is only round one and it is still in progress this morning.
This week’s iHeart mass firings is turning out to be deeper than originally thought.
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt