Look, if you wanted to just save some salaries by using a regional network of employees to replace local radio talent, you wouldn’t need “Excellence Centers”, the type iHeart is proudly touting.
And the reason for that is “excellence centers” which are not about excellence but about cost synergies are going to be so much more than regional distribution centers.
In fact, iHeart has gone through great pains to fully think through this replacement of local talent with cheaper and fewer employees.
And it isn’t going to stop with programming and talent.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers