Bob Pittman must have no shame.
On the day he gives the go-ahead to axe over 1,000 employees, his press release promotes the company and attempts to justify these people losing their jobs.
“Excellence centers” as replacements for arguably the most excellent large radio group on a local station basis.
Over 1,000 firings are underway with programming virtually eviscerated. It’s not about excellence, it’s about the sudden need to drastically cut expenses.
What we know is how far iHeart is going to go, who will be spared for now and the reason for the sudden rush to end so many careers.
- Entercom is Pivoting Away from Radio
- The NAB is Helping to Pass Radio Performance Royalties
- 2 Groups to Downsize Their Physical Stations
- For Radio, There’s Townsquare Digital and There’s Not Exactly
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent