Bob Pittman must have no shame.
On the day he gives the go-ahead to axe over 1,000 employees, his press release promotes the company and attempts to justify these people losing their jobs.
“Excellence centers” as replacements for arguably the most excellent large radio group on a local station basis.
Over 1,000 firings are underway with programming virtually eviscerated. It’s not about excellence, it’s about the sudden need to drastically cut expenses.
What we know is how far iHeart is going to go, who will be spared for now and the reason for the sudden rush to end so many careers.
- 65 Unnoticed iHeart Firings That Foretell the Future
- The SiriusXM Model Coming to iHeart
- iHeart To Use Technology for Next Round of Firings
- iHeart Set to Disrupt Market Managers
- iHeart Firings Expanded
- iHeart Prepping for 1 Live Body Per Market
- Over 1,000 iHeart Firings Starting Today
- Major Staff Cuts Set at Cox
- Fishy Departure of Cumulus CFO
- Entercom Hack Attack Not Over