Well, that didn’t take long, did it?
Small market Tyler Media blew away most of its air staff on a number of stations in the Oklahoma City cluster. Their talk station opting for out of market programming and air personalities on their music stations fired to save money.
You see why I have called Bob Pittman’s 1,000+ “dislocations” in a less than a week “the end of local radio.”
iHeart is providing cover for every underperforming owner who can’t pay the bills to make “dislocation” the new layoffs.
That’s bad, but it gets worse.
Only a few groups have insulation against iHeart’s virus-like action against local radio but the list of groups now planning massive cutbacks under the cover of iHeart’s first move is growing.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers