Well, that didn’t take long, did it?
Small market Tyler Media blew away most of its air staff on a number of stations in the Oklahoma City cluster. Their talk station opting for out of market programming and air personalities on their music stations fired to save money.
You see why I have called Bob Pittman’s 1,000+ “dislocations” in a less than a week “the end of local radio.”
iHeart is providing cover for every underperforming owner who can’t pay the bills to make “dislocation” the new layoffs.
That’s bad, but it gets worse.
Only a few groups have insulation against iHeart’s virus-like action against local radio but the list of groups now planning massive cutbacks under the cover of iHeart’s first move is growing.
- iHeart Fearing a Hostile Takeover
- Conspiracy Developing Over Cumulus Talk Radio Memo
- Censorship Ploy Sets Up Shutting AM Stations
- The Muzzling of Talk Radio
- Cumulus to Reduce Local Talk Radio
- The Day Talk Radio Died
- Entercom To Rethink Alt Rock
- Cumulus Censors 416 Stations
- Entercom to Regionalize Another Format
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on Listening