This has been a horrific holiday season for radio people in terms of pink slips, wrecked careers, disappointed hopes and even unemployment while fighting illnesses.
I will not forget the fine people who are the backbone of the radio industry even if the consolidators can dismiss them so easily.
When I attended Temple University in Philadelphia, one of my wonderful professors -- Lew Klein -- the American Bandstand and Philadelphia television executive told my freshman class that if you haven't been fired five times in your career, you're not in broadcasting.
What an eye-opener for a young man getting ready to learn his&hellip
- Entercom Regionalization Plan Feared
- Doomsday Plan Readied for Cumulus
- Katz Monopoly About to Get Bigger
- Cumulus Seeks Extensive Asset Sales STAT
- Liberty’s Next Move in the iHeart Takeover
- Entercom Memo Muzzles Sports Talent
- The Countdown to Live Events
- How Powerhouse WBEB Lost 60% Of Its Audience
- Entercom Eyes Benefits Cuts
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs