Subscribers get INSTANT ACCESS here.
Become a NEW SUBSCRIBER and begin with Half of Radio’s Workforce To Be Laid Off here.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get …
- There have been layoffs for over a decade, why is the worst yet to come now?
- The time period over which a whopping 50% workforce reduction will take place industry-wide.
- Which operators are least likely to resort to halving their existing staff?
- Will it apply to markets 75 and smaller?
- Beyond dropping spot revenue, what are the things that are forcing owners to cut half of their employees?
- And the big question, what will radio look and sound like once their cost synergies have been enacted.
A new subscription also unlocks these full articles …
Liberty Media’s Brilliant iHeart Strategy
The Fraudulent iHeart Bankruptcy
Berner: Everything Is For Sales
Cumulus Blows Up Detroit
The Death of Live & Local
The Threat of SiriusXM
Bankrupt iHeart’s $80 Million in Bonuses
Your new subscription includes access to every article for the past year and 4,060 in our archive like these (scroll through/latest first). Everything.
For 27 cents a day, join the thousands of members who read Inside Music Media -- insightful, deadly honest and informative.
Inside Music Media contains no advertising. Accepts no corporate money or consideration. And is beholden only to subscribers who appreciate it so much that they pay for it. Thank you.
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt
- Liberty Slow Rolling the iHeart Merger
- Bombshell Lawsuit: Cumulus Firing Men for Younger Women