They may not be called “dislocations” but they look like it.
Of course, Field’s job is safe and his compensation goes up regularly even as the company’s stock goes down. It is worth only $4.27.
Before the coronavirus started messing with the stock market, Entercom was slipping down again apparently because of a different virus -- their fourth quarter revenue is apparently unimpressive and the market knows these things.
So Entercom will be implementing a strategy that will eliminate a lot of local talent under the cover of iHeart’s recent 1,000+ “dislocations”.
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire
- Bombshell: iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus Furloughs Permanent
- Radio Faces 6 Bankruptcies
- New Outbreak of Furloughs