Entercom’s CEO David Field has hired an experienced video exec to become the company’s first Vice President to run the highly profitable legacy CBS all news franchise -- he has no experience in radio management or programming.
A painful transition is ahead that will affect all present employees.
A new model is coming for a company not comfortable with “the CBS way” of doing all-news.
It’s a big gamble with a lot of money on the line at a time when Entercom can’t afford to lose any of it.
- iHeart Looks to Expand Total Traffic Network
- The Liberty/SXM Management Shakeup
- An Advanced Look at Radio’s 3rd Quarter Losses
- A Warning About an iHeart Bloodbath
- Monthly Layoffs Ahead at Entercom
- Entercom To Switch 2 Formats a Month to Satellite
- Katz Downsizing
- Liberty’s Next Move After the iHeart Takeover
- iHeart’s Sudden AM Radio Buying Spree
- Competing Against the Liberty/iHeart Double Monopoly