Entercom’s CEO David Field has hired an experienced video exec to become the company’s first Vice President to run the highly profitable legacy CBS all news franchise -- he has no experience in radio management or programming.
A painful transition is ahead that will affect all present employees.
A new model is coming for a company not comfortable with “the CBS way” of doing all-news.
It’s a big gamble with a lot of money on the line at a time when Entercom can’t afford to lose any of it.
- Jeff Smulyan Torches Bob Pittman
- A Cumulus Threat to Market Managers
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations