This is the start of the real selloff not the New York, LA and Atlanta station giveaways previously.
Financial problems continue to plague Cumulus.
Market managers are complaining about being strapped by cost-cutting.
Now we learn that the post-bankruptcy Cumulus owners consisting largely of lenders who took a haircut are done with a declining radio industry.
They want their money at all costs and employees are about to feel their urgency.
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent
- Radio’s Next Act: Subscriptions, Alexa & Video
- No Townsquare Layoffs Through Year End
- No Ad Rescue in Radio’s Political Revenue
- Radio Seeking Non-Radio Merger Partners