One way to cut costs is to sell radio stations which Cumulus announced yesterday when it offloaded its Albany, GA cluster to a local operator for $450,000 (4 FMs, 1 AM, 1 translator.)
Starting next week, there will be another go-round of furloughs in sales on unsuspecting victims.
We now know which sellers are in harm’s way.
And reportedly there is a buyer looking to cherry-pick the Cumulus portfolio and one other radio group.
- iHeart’s Plan to Take 100% of Local Buys
- Larkin’s Audacy Cuts
- Audacy’s Unspoken Plan to Avoid Bankruptcy
- The Cox Radio Sale Finalists
- The Mother of All Audacy Expense Cuts
- iHeart Revenue Wins at Audacy’s Expense
- The Big New Revenue Source Cumulus is Hiding
- Audacy Faces Bankruptcy Next Year
- Details of Apollo Cox Selloff Revealed
- Apollo Explores Selling Cox Radio