One way to cut costs is to sell radio stations which Cumulus announced yesterday when it offloaded its Albany, GA cluster to a local operator for $450,000 (4 FMs, 1 AM, 1 translator.)
Starting next week, there will be another go-round of furloughs in sales on unsuspecting victims.
We now know which sellers are in harm’s way.
And reportedly there is a buyer looking to cherry-pick the Cumulus portfolio and one other radio group.
- iHeart Gaming of Media Monitors Exposed
- 1 Record Label Is Worth More Than the Radio Business
- Radio’s Sudden Rebranding
- The Number David Field Is Hiding
- The Cumulus Struggle to Remain Solvent
- Audacy Burning Through Cash at Record Pace
- Pittman & Bressler’s Fix for iHeart
- Epic Cumulus 1st Quarter Fail, Shakeup
- Audacy Planning More Management Layoffs
- Agent: Radio Talent Book Drops 50%