In Italy it is now illegal to fire a worker during the current crisis.
But in radio, the virus is a convenient excuse for “dislocations” and “excellence centers” to balance underperforming stations.
Now it appears Cumulus is blinking.
Mary Berner working behind the scenes is freaking out some market managers who know how she operates.
Reports from inside that contradict her rosy outlook including changing policies on new hires and warnings to top management that significant personnel changes are coming.
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy