In Italy it is now illegal to fire a worker during the current crisis.
But in radio, the virus is a convenient excuse for “dislocations” and “excellence centers” to balance underperforming stations.
Now it appears Cumulus is blinking.
Mary Berner working behind the scenes is freaking out some market managers who know how she operates.
Reports from inside that contradict her rosy outlook including changing policies on new hires and warnings to top management that significant personnel changes are coming.
- Entercom is Pivoting Away from Radio
- The NAB is Helping to Pass Radio Performance Royalties
- 2 Groups to Downsize Their Physical Stations
- For Radio, There’s Townsquare Digital and There’s Not Exactly
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent