Notice how they’re no longer “layoffs” or ‘dislocations” in the radio industry now.
They’re furloughs – Entercom, Townsquare and iHeart plugging into a term being used by non-radio companies to cut costs and blame it on the coronavirus.
After “Furlough Tuesday” yesterday, Cumulus is not to be outdone.
Cumulus is as bad off as the other radio companies due to their own mistakes when the economy was booming.
We’re beginning to see who is going to get whacked.
And a growing concern by so-called “essential” employees who may survive the week ahead.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers