Notice how they’re no longer “layoffs” or ‘dislocations” in the radio industry now.
They’re furloughs – Entercom, Townsquare and iHeart plugging into a term being used by non-radio companies to cut costs and blame it on the coronavirus.
After “Furlough Tuesday” yesterday, Cumulus is not to be outdone.
Cumulus is as bad off as the other radio companies due to their own mistakes when the economy was booming.
We’re beginning to see who is going to get whacked.
And a growing concern by so-called “essential” employees who may survive the week ahead.
- The Latest on Furloughed iHeart Employees Returning
- Entercom’s Daddy Issues
- iHeart’s End of June Housecleaning
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble