From the beginning of the Mary Berner regime there has been talk about if it could even be possible that a former publishing executive could turn around Cumulus Media.
She had no radio background and her time at Reader’s Digest was marked by two bankruptcies, one that she initiated and one that the board reluctantly refiled after she failed to turn the publishing giant around.
But Berner has lasted long enough to have her employment contract renewed, bonuses paid even with bankruptcy looming and a generous golden parachute agreed upon should she leave the employment of Cumulus.
And that’s the big question – will Berner stay or will she go?
One radio CEO has been IDed at reportedly pitching it and something appears to be up with the board.
Read the full article now.
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel