Turns out an additional 0.5% personnel cutback added to other firings just two weeks into this year are not going to be enough to get Clear Channel out of the red.
Employees are unsettled.
Management is huddling to meet with Pittman this week on what drastic steps are next.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- What Clear Channel absolutely forbade their execs and managers to do in the last 2 months of 2013 – talk about cheap. Gives you an idea of what is next.
- Why morale is at the lowest ebb ever and the thing Clear Channel plans to do about it.
- The absolutely startling statement corporate Revenue Senior VP Amit Aggarwal made in a revenue management conference call after John Hogan’s firing that had participants running out to buy Depends.
- How, of all things, lowly Pandora is turning out to bite Bob Pittman on the butt although you won’t be hearing Pittman mention it on CNBC.
- Who didn’t make their numbers and how they are going to pay for it.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources from my Witness Protection Program who have been given anonymity for life contributed to today’s story. If you have information, memos, emails – that you would like to expose to the scrutiny of daylight, click here. In strict confidence as always.
Or, talk to me privately here.
Reserve a seat for my March 26th Philly conference that is focusing on 7 critical things that will help you become a better broadcaster or digital entrepreneur – here.
- How to Beat Global Music Right’s $150,000 Per Occurrence Fines
- The Bob Pittman Whispers at iHeart
- What Millennials Want from Radio
- The Carpenters Vs. Their Record Labels
- Digital That Makes Radio-type Money
- iHeart CEO Change
- Listeners Check Their Phones Every 6 Minutes
- Cox Layoffs
- Radio's Answer to Rampant Rate Cutting
- Payback is a Bitch at iHeart