Clear Channel and Cumulus are getting ready to bail on one of radio’s staple formats.
If you think Bob Pittman has spent too much time in his new office “mist tunnel” and Lew Dickey is pre-occupied with the CBS Radio acquisition, you would be only partially correct. It’s game on.
Their future talk radio plans are now revealed.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- What will be the last year for talk radio as we know it.
- What happens to talk between now and then for the two largest purveyors.
- What Cumulus plans to do with their talk stations.
- The Clear Channel timeframe for phasing out talk.
- Rush Limbaugh’s next contract.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
What’s in the pipeline for radio’s future at my Philly conference here.
- Investors Turning, Fear Fake Radio
- Entercom Management Purge, Glorified Sales Managers
- The Growing Threat of SiriusXM
- The Coming AM-FM Music Tax
- Entercom’s Voice Tracking Expansion Plans
- Now, an Entercom Whistleblower, Amazing Response
- Cumulus Drastic Measures
- Entercom Legacy vs. CBS Employees, Angry Town Hall
- Entercom Market Manager Shakeup
- Best Radio Stocks, Winners & Warnings