That will get the attention of radio CEOs who confuse the glass ceiling for a piggy bank.
Cumulus will reportedly get hit with a reverse discrimination lawsuit that involves the increasing radio practice of firing male market managers and replacing them with younger people usually less experienced women.
This same cost cutting technique has been reportedly going on at Entercom in an attempt to reduce expenses and iHeart just “dislocated” over 1,000 people creating a potential boom for lawyers.
The bombshell Cumulus lawsuit is massive in scope – 6 charges.
All it takes is a court victory and there will be a flood of copycat lawsuits setting an unnerving precedent and making it easier and less expensive for claimants to sue.
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings
- Entercom To Fire All Live Talent
- Entercom’s Cost Cuts Beginning to Backfire
- Bombshell: iHeart, Entercom, Cumulus Furloughs Permanent
- Radio Faces 6 Bankruptcies
- New Outbreak of Furloughs