That will get the attention of radio CEOs who confuse the glass ceiling for a piggy bank.
Cumulus will reportedly get hit with a reverse discrimination lawsuit that involves the increasing radio practice of firing male market managers and replacing them with younger people usually less experienced women.
This same cost cutting technique has been reportedly going on at Entercom in an attempt to reduce expenses and iHeart just “dislocated” over 1,000 people creating a potential boom for lawyers.
The bombshell Cumulus lawsuit is massive in scope – 6 charges.
All it takes is a court victory and there will be a flood of copycat lawsuits setting an unnerving precedent and making it easier and less expensive for claimants to sue.
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt