It's just traditional media companies being traditional media companies.
Viacom and its subsidiaries like CBS, Comedy Central, etc are simply acting like Universal's NBC and Disney's ABC. They have "Seen-us envy" -- that disease that has old media companies becoming paranoid because the audience gets to see their content, they even get paid, but they can't control the distribution.
So, Viacom let the other shoe drop yesterday in Federal Court suing Google over YouTube for more than $1 billion in damages. This suit makes Clear Channel look like a nickel and dime litigator. Viacom is becoming the new Clear Channel while&hellip
- Townsquare Faces Bankruptcy Over Debt
- iHeart’s Plan to “Dislocate” Their Competitors
- Cumulus to Sell Assets
- Alpha Media Takeover Within 6 Months
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media