It's just traditional media companies being traditional media companies.
Viacom and its subsidiaries like CBS, Comedy Central, etc are simply acting like Universal's NBC and Disney's ABC. They have "Seen-us envy" -- that disease that has old media companies becoming paranoid because the audience gets to see their content, they even get paid, but they can't control the distribution.
So, Viacom let the other shoe drop yesterday in Federal Court suing Google over YouTube for more than $1 billion in damages. This suit makes Clear Channel look like a nickel and dime litigator. Viacom is becoming the new Clear Channel while&hellip
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead
- Townsquare Troubles, This Time Radio
- Entercom Revenue Dive, Weezie Worries