The big box stores are supposed to be selling HD radios and breathing new life into a declining industry -- if you believe the hype.
Nope -- not flying off the shelves.
Instead, Wal-Mart is selling new George Foreman grills that come equipped with speakers that allow you to hook up your iPods while cooking -- God forbid you have to be away from an iPod for a few minutes.
Here's the pitch on Wal-Mart's site:
"Whether you're grilling indoors or outdoors, you'll love the convenience of listening to your iPod or other MP3 player while cooking.&hellip
- Entercom's War Against CBS Radio
- The Future of iHeart’s 850 Stations
- The Real Cumulus Financials
- Entercom -- $4 Stock by the End of the Year
- What's Holding Up Liberty's Takeover of iHeart
- Townsquare Adrift
- Entercom’s Real Problems
- Cumulus Lenders Blindsided
- $72 Million More in iHeart Bankruptcy Bonuses
- Shakeup at SiriusXM, Pandora