My readers often give me ideas for things that I write about from the perspective of my experience in the media business and my work with the next generation.
After writing about the "Fresh FM" and WCBS-FM "Classic Hits" revival, one reader wondered about my take on the Jack" format.
Of course, "Jack" works in some markets -- and that needs to be recognized -- but it's also fair to say that when the history of formatic radio is compiled (and, say, Bill Drake narrates it), "Jack" will be a mere blip of the VU meter of programming.
Let's start with New York.
New York is an atypical example. Former CBS&hellip
- iHeart’s All-Podcasting Station
- Radio’s Horniest Buyers
- The Untold Story of the Cumulus/EMF Sale
- Entercom Labor Troubles
- The Westwood One Sale Attempt Revealed
- Spotify & Apple vs. Radio for Hitmaking
- How the Internet Impacts Radio Time Spent Listening
- SiriusXM’s Aggressive Expansion Plans
- The Next Cumulus Markets to be Sold
- Westwood One Bombshell