My readers often give me ideas for things that I write about from the perspective of my experience in the media business and my work with the next generation.
After writing about the "Fresh FM" and WCBS-FM "Classic Hits" revival, one reader wondered about my take on the Jack" format.
Of course, "Jack" works in some markets -- and that needs to be recognized -- but it's also fair to say that when the history of formatic radio is compiled (and, say, Bill Drake narrates it), "Jack" will be a mere blip of the VU meter of programming.
Let's start with New York.
New York is an atypical example. Former CBS&hellip
- Entercom's $100 Million Cost Cutting
- Next Week’s iHeart Bankruptcy
- Alpha Financial Crisis
- Scripps Sell-off Disaster
- The Dickey Cumulus Hostile Takeover
- The Entercom Management Fail
- iHeart’s Bully Bankruptcy Move Backfires
- A Second Cumulus Bankruptcy
- Cumulus Rate War Against Competitors
- Newspapers Buying Radio Stations