My readers often give me ideas for things that I write about from the perspective of my experience in the media business and my work with the next generation.
After writing about the "Fresh FM" and WCBS-FM "Classic Hits" revival, one reader wondered about my take on the Jack" format.
Of course, "Jack" works in some markets -- and that needs to be recognized -- but it's also fair to say that when the history of formatic radio is compiled (and, say, Bill Drake narrates it), "Jack" will be a mere blip of the VU meter of programming.
Let's start with New York.
New York is an atypical example. Former CBS&hellip
- Top Sellers Exiting Cumulus
- Losing FM on Smartphones
- Pizzati Raiding Cumulus
- Entercom Investors Panic
- Change of Plans for Lew Dickey
- Making Sense of the Entercom Mess
- The Entercom Programming Cuts
- New Playlists From Listeners' DNA
- Entercom Hired Bain -- Here's Their Advice
- Stations & Studios Are About to Change