My readers often give me ideas for things that I write about from the perspective of my experience in the media business and my work with the next generation.
After writing about the "Fresh FM" and WCBS-FM "Classic Hits" revival, one reader wondered about my take on the Jack" format.
Of course, "Jack" works in some markets -- and that needs to be recognized -- but it's also fair to say that when the history of formatic radio is compiled (and, say, Bill Drake narrates it), "Jack" will be a mere blip of the VU meter of programming.
Let's start with New York.
New York is an atypical example. Former CBS&hellip
- That 11-Hour Cumulus Board Meeting
- The Coming Breakup of Alpha Media
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Promotion
- How Entercom Made a 7% Loss Into a 20% Stock Price Gain
- Univision’s 71 Radio Stations
- David Field’s 3 Broken Promises
- Bonneville’s Back – Or Is It?
- Cumulus Reboot -- Strange Things You Didn't Know
- The Sale of Westwood One
- Alpha Media After Larry Wilson