My readers often give me ideas for things that I write about from the perspective of my experience in the media business and my work with the next generation.
After writing about the "Fresh FM" and WCBS-FM "Classic Hits" revival, one reader wondered about my take on the Jack" format.
Of course, "Jack" works in some markets -- and that needs to be recognized -- but it's also fair to say that when the history of formatic radio is compiled (and, say, Bill Drake narrates it), "Jack" will be a mere blip of the VU meter of programming.
Let's start with New York.
New York is an atypical example. Former CBS&hellip
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom