An Unlikely scenario
Right now the ever weakening record labels are sticking it to broadcast radio. And some of those bullies over there in terrestrial radio are just taking it.
There is growing evidence the music business is looking to charge AM and FM stations flat fees for permission to play their music. The CRB has already dealt a blow to the fledgling Internet radio business by jacking up royalty payments beyond which most operators can afford to remain in business.
Let me get this straight. Isn't this biting the hand that feeds them. I mean, what is the record business without radio? Most record sales are&hellip
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead
- Townsquare Troubles, This Time Radio
- Entercom Revenue Dive, Weezie Worries