A year ago they gave Hogan a big raise and a $25,000 monthly stipend to move from San Antonio to New York.
Now he gets fired.
It’s time for the rest of the story.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- What was the final straw that lead to the falling out between CEO Bob Pittman and Hogan.
- Did you know that Hogan fired his replacement Tom Schurr 3 times in his career – and he turned out to be the last man standing? Here’s why.
- The next rising star of Clear Channel – this empty suit’s career is now on the ascent. Why he even poses a potential threat to Tom Schurr. If you work for him, take note.
- The sketchy sales practices that started creeping into Clear Channel ahead of Hogan’s demise that may have sealed the deal.
- And what everyone wants to know! How long will Tom Schurr last. Here’s the time frame.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources in my Witness Protection Program contributed to this article. If you are aware of news, memos or emails from any company that needs to be aired out, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is a $100 award for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
7 weeks until my Philly Conference. See if agenda and reserve a seat-- 2014 Media Solutions Conference
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio
- The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks
- Class of ’27’s Changing Views on Radio
- iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue
- The Effect of Nielsen’s Financial Problems on Radio