George Michael died Christmas eve.
The dynamo who was a top-rated teen dj at WFIL, Philadelphia and WABC, New York also made a big name for himself as sports anchor at WRC-TV in Washington. George is credited with developing the News Center sports format that would become ESPN.
Those of you who know him do not need an introduction.
For anyone who did not, I am paying him the highest compliment by saying that no matter how good he was as an entertainer and sportscaster, he was even better at being a human being.
I worked at WFIL the day George Michael arrived in The City of Brotherly Love. Mike Joseph, the&hellip
- The Future of iHeart’s 850 Stations
- The Real Cumulus Financials
- Entercom -- $4 Stock by the End of the Year
- What's Holding Up Liberty's Takeover of iHeart
- Townsquare Adrift
- Entercom’s Real Problems
- Cumulus Lenders Blindsided
- $72 Million More in iHeart Bankruptcy Bonuses
- Shakeup at SiriusXM, Pandora
- CBS Merger Meltdown