George Michael died Christmas eve.
The dynamo who was a top-rated teen dj at WFIL, Philadelphia and WABC, New York also made a big name for himself as sports anchor at WRC-TV in Washington. George is credited with developing the News Center sports format that would become ESPN.
Those of you who know him do not need an introduction.
For anyone who did not, I am paying him the highest compliment by saying that no matter how good he was as an entertainer and sportscaster, he was even better at being a human being.
I worked at WFIL the day George Michael arrived in The City of Brotherly Love. Mike Joseph, the&hellip
- iHeart Playing the Long Game on Selling Out
- Audacy & Cumulus Joining Forces
- Dropping Like Flies at Audacy Midwest
- Rough Times Ahead for Stations Using Ratings
- Cumulus Escalates Management by Fear
- Race to the Bottom on Ad Rates
- DIY Streaming DJs Threaten Radio
- Owners Rethinking the Viability of Conservative Talk
- Cox Employees Leaving for Audacy
- iHeart Accelerates Merging Clusters