George Michael died Christmas eve.
The dynamo who was a top-rated teen dj at WFIL, Philadelphia and WABC, New York also made a big name for himself as sports anchor at WRC-TV in Washington. George is credited with developing the News Center sports format that would become ESPN.
Those of you who know him do not need an introduction.
For anyone who did not, I am paying him the highest compliment by saying that no matter how good he was as an entertainer and sportscaster, he was even better at being a human being.
I worked at WFIL the day George Michael arrived in The City of Brotherly Love. Mike Joseph, the&hellip
- Audacy’s Tone Deaf Rebranding of AMP in LA
- Spotify Going After In-Car Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Vaccine Mandate
- Consolidators’ Distancing from Radio
- Bain Is Moving to Monopolize Ad Agencies
- Major Groups Don’t Want Ownership Rules to Change
- Fallout from iHeart’s Engineering Layoffs
- The New Consequences of Not Subscribing to Nielsen
- The Entercom Name Change Controversy
- The Slow Rolling of Relaxed Ownership Limits