When cable companies, cellular operators and Google think about going into business together, I listen.
Not that I don't think that they will eventually kill each other, but ...
Comcast, Time Warner and other companies are thinking about financing a new wireless company that would be a joint venture of Sprint and Clearwire to build a nationwide WiMax wireless network.
To build a WiMax network would cost billions. Sprint knows. It has tried to raise the money.
If you're a radio person thinking, "so what", wake up.
WiMax is even better than WiFi -- that very local wireless way computers and phones can&hellip
- Full Disclosure About Entercom “Furloughs”
- Saga Guarantees Sales Commissions
- Cumulus Furloughs Likely to be Long
- Mass Entercom Firings Starting Today
- iHeart 90-Day Furloughs Could Be Permanent
- Townsquare RIFs 65, Concerns for Digital
- iHeart Suspend Benefits, Entercom Fires Part-Timers
- Low on Money, iHeart Readies More Mass “Dislocations”
- Lee Abrams: AM/FM Slowly Destructing
- Cumulus Teetering on Another Bankruptcy