Springsteen has it right.
"Is there anybody alive out there?"
The current movement by consolidators to fire their local live talent and move to a nationally syndicated Repeater Radio platform of phantom stations appears to be the final blow to a troubled industry.
We get that consolidators have really had it their way since the enabling legislation was passed in 1996 to deregulate radio ownership.
It's been a virtual monopoly ever since.
Consolidators had carte blanche for almost 13&hellip
- SiriusXM’s Curious Investment in SoundCloud
- Townsquare Off the Market, BUT …
- Entercom Selling Even More Stations
- Next iHeart “Dislocation” in Planning Stage
- “Dislocation” Threat to Total Traffic, Premiere & Katz
- The Future of Alpha Media
- iHeart Targeting “Dislocation” Survivors
- Entercom Hiding Growing Debt
- Liberty Slow Rolling the iHeart Merger
- Bombshell Lawsuit: Cumulus Firing Men for Younger Women