Springsteen has it right.
"Is there anybody alive out there?"
The current movement by consolidators to fire their local live talent and move to a nationally syndicated Repeater Radio platform of phantom stations appears to be the final blow to a troubled industry.
We get that consolidators have really had it their way since the enabling legislation was passed in 1996 to deregulate radio ownership.
It's been a virtual monopoly ever since.
Consolidators had carte blanche for almost 13&hellip
- Entercom’s Secret Aspen Meetings
- The New Cox Media Group
- Changes to Cumulus Operations
- Townsquare’s Non-Turnaround
- Pittman’s Blueprint for iHeart
- Entercom’s Accelerated Layoffs
- The Sale of Universal Music Group
- What Cumulus is Hiding
- Numbers Tell a Sobering Story on Entercom
- iHeart Firing Employees for Its New Owner