Springsteen has it right.
"Is there anybody alive out there?"
The current movement by consolidators to fire their local live talent and move to a nationally syndicated Repeater Radio platform of phantom stations appears to be the final blow to a troubled industry.
We get that consolidators have really had it their way since the enabling legislation was passed in 1996 to deregulate radio ownership.
It's been a virtual monopoly ever since.
Consolidators had carte blanche for almost 13&hellip
- Streaming Wants to Be Radio Now
- PD John Ivey Was “Fired" iHeart-Style
- Disney Getting Serious About Selling ESPN
- The Evidence on Running Fewer Ads
- The Six-Figure Jobs iHeart Is Filling
- Ownership Limits May Have to Be Adjusted
- iHeart’s Post-Malone Strategy
- Yesterday’s Audacy Stock Crash
- Defending Against All-Holiday Music Stations
- The Danger of Radio Selling Facebook Ads