Springsteen has it right.
"Is there anybody alive out there?"
The current movement by consolidators to fire their local live talent and move to a nationally syndicated Repeater Radio platform of phantom stations appears to be the final blow to a troubled industry.
We get that consolidators have really had it their way since the enabling legislation was passed in 1996 to deregulate radio ownership.
It's been a virtual monopoly ever since.
Consolidators had carte blanche for almost 13&hellip
- Lenders Investigating iHeart, Their List of Concerns
- Entercom’s New Comp Plan, Revolt Brewing
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision
- Entercom’s 3rd Quarter, Big Surprise
- Townsquare Revenue Reveal, “Adjusted” Sale Plan
- Cumulus Cost Cuts, Poor Performers Immune
- Entercom’s Next Cost Saving, “Efficiency” Program Directors
- Entercom Revenue Warning, Cuts Accelerate
- Attention Span Shocker, Radio ¼ Hour Implications