Springsteen has it right.
"Is there anybody alive out there?"
The current movement by consolidators to fire their local live talent and move to a nationally syndicated Repeater Radio platform of phantom stations appears to be the final blow to a troubled industry.
We get that consolidators have really had it their way since the enabling legislation was passed in 1996 to deregulate radio ownership.
It's been a virtual monopoly ever since.
Consolidators had carte blanche for almost 13&hellip
- NAB’s Fight for Survival
- Nielsen Accepting Nearly 70% Discounts
- iHeart Debuts 1 PD for 7 Stations
- The 2 New Vaccines and Live Events
- Cumulus Escalating Asset Sales
- Questions About iHeart’s National Contests
- Nielsen to Ad Agencies: Don’t Buy Radio
- Entercom On Track for 2022 Bankruptcy
- iHeart Moves to Eliminate Engineers
- Podcasting Is a Fraud Killing Radio